I follow several online leaders who tell you to build your financial basis by acquiring stocks. So, I decided to check out what they have been saying to see if this was something I could do and whether I should tell others to follow the same path.
So here is what I did:
- I wanted to find a stock that has been around for a long time because I did not want it to crash on me and I lose all my money.
- I wanted the stock to pay dividends
- I don’t have a lot of money to spend because I am new at this.
Okay so now I needed to buy some stock
- The first thing I came across is that even if I wanted to purchase stocks from home I needed someone to physically do the paperwork for me and they had to be paid. Therefore, I had to make sure I could cover their fees.
- Next, I had to decide what stock to purchase. Example: ABC stock could have gone for $125 a share, but you may have to buy 10 shares of it to get in the game. That’s $1,250 plus commission fees each time I wanted to buy this stock.
It was there that I decided that this was not for me at all. I would only be able to buy stock two or three times a year at these prices. There had to be a better way!
I did find a better way for people like me and I wanted to share it with you. But I just could not do it justice so my friend James will do it for you.
I hope that James gives you an eye opener as to how to make money with stocks.